Cosmetic Dental Bonding in Houston, TX
Transform Your Smile With Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Smile brighter, smile wider, and smile with confidence! That’s the promise of cosmetic dental bonding, a quick and affordable procedure that can transform your smile in just one visit. At Dentistry of Highland Village our Houston cosmetic dentists, Dr. Rushi Dave, Dr. Mili Shah, and Dr. Amy Milman, can help you achieve the smile of your dreams.
Learn more about the myriad benefits of cosmetic dental bonding by dialing (713) 360-7700 or reading the helpful guide below and discover if dental bonding may be right for you.
What Is Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Cosmetic dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resin material to repair chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth. It can also be used to close gaps between teeth, change the shape of a tooth, or even create a new smile entirely. The same composite resin material used in dental bonding is also used in restorative dentistry to fill cavities, replace old silver dental fillings with a more cosmetic alternative, and protect teeth roots that have been exposed due to gum recession.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Cosmetic dental bonding is one of the most popular procedures available thanks to its numerous benefits, some of which include:
- Quick and Easy: Dental bonding is a minimally invasive procedure that can be completed in just one visit.
- Affordable: Dental bonding is a much more affordable option than other cosmetic dental procedures, such as veneers.
- Natural-Looking Results: Dental bonding uses tooth-colored composite resin material, so the results are virtually undetectable.
- Durable: Dental bonding is a durable material that can withstand everyday wear and tear.
Who Qualifies for Cosmetic Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding can be used to address a variety of dental issues. The eligibility for dental bonding depends on several factors, including:
- Dental Health: The primary consideration is the overall health of your teeth and gums. You should have good oral health with no active gum disease or tooth decay. Any existing dental issues should be addressed before bonding is considered.
- Tooth Structure: Dental bonding is often used to repair chipped or cracked teeth, close gaps between teeth, or reshape misaligned teeth. The extent of the damage or imperfections will determine if bonding is a suitable solution.
- Tooth Color: The shade of your natural teeth is essential because the bonding material is matched to your tooth color. If your teeth are heavily stained or discolored, teeth whitening may be recommended before bonding to ensure a consistent and natural appearance.
- Tooth Location: Bonding is typically recommended for teeth that do not undergo excessive biting forces. It’s more commonly used for front teeth and not molars or premolars that experience more significant pressure during chewing.
- Budget: Dental bonding is often more cost-effective than some alternative cosmetic dental procedures, but it’s essential to consider your budget and discuss the cost of the procedure with our dentists.
- Oral Hygiene and Habits: Maintaining good oral hygiene and avoiding habits like nail-biting or chewing on hard objects is essential to the longevity of dental bonding. Bonding material can chip or stain if not cared for properly.
The Cosmetic Dental Bonding Process
During your initial consultation, one of our Houston cosmetic dentists will conduct a comprehensive assessment of your oral health. This includes examining your teeth and gums to determine if you are a suitable candidate for dental bonding. They’ll also engage in a conversation with you to understand your cosmetic goals and address any questions or concerns you may have.
Based on the assessment and your preferences, our dentists will formulate a customized treatment plan. This plan will outline the specific teeth that require bonding and the aesthetic improvements to be made.
Before the actual bonding procedure begins, our dentist will prepare your teeth. Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned to remove any plaque, tartar, or debris. This step ensures that the bonding material adheres effectively to your teeth.
In some cases, a desensitizing gel may be applied to your teeth to enhance your comfort during and after the procedure. This is especially beneficial if you have sensitive teeth.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Our Houston dentist will select a shade of composite resin that closely matches the color of your natural teeth. This ensures a seamless and natural appearance. Then they’ll apply the composite resin material to the prepared tooth. The resin is initially in a soft, putty-like form, allowing the dentist to sculpt and shape it as needed to achieve the desired results.
Our dentist will meticulously sculpt and shape the resin to blend harmoniously with your surrounding teeth. They’ll pay careful attention to the tooth’s size, shape, and contours to ensure a natural look. Once the resin is perfectly shaped, it’s hardened or cured using a specialized dental curing light. This light activates the resin and makes it durable and stable.
After curing, our dentist will make any final refinements to the bonding to ensure it fits seamlessly with your smile. This may include additional shaping and polishing to achieve an ideal finish. Finally, the newly bonded tooth will be polished to match the sheen and texture of your natural teeth. This polishing enhances the overall aesthetics of your smile.
Assessment and Feedback
Our dentist will assess the results and seek your feedback to ensure you are satisfied with the appearance and feel of the bonded tooth. Any additional adjustments or refinements can be made at this stage if necessary.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding Aftercare
Once your teeth have been bonded, it’s important to take good care of them. Ensure the longevity of your bonded teeth by following these aftercare steps:
- Avoid chewing hard foods for the first few days
- Brush your teeth gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Use a fluoride toothpaste
- Avoid using whitening toothpastes or mouthwashes for the first two weeks
- See your dentist for regular checkups and cleanings
Frequently Asked Questions
Dental bonding can offer lasting results for several years, but its longevity is influenced by your oral hygiene practices and lifestyle habits. With proper care, it can maintain its appearance and functionality over time. However, it may require touch-ups or replacements every few years to ensure it continues to look its best.
Dental bonding is generally a painless and well-tolerated procedure. It’s minimally invasive, and most patients experience only mild discomfort, if any, during the process. Your dentist will ensure your comfort throughout the procedure, and any post-treatment discomfort typically subsides quickly.
Dental bonding is considered a safe and routine dental procedure when performed by a qualified dentist. The composite resin material used is biocompatible and widely accepted in dentistry. To ensure your safety and optimal results, it’s essential to entrust the procedure to an experienced and skilled dental professional.
The coverage for dental bonding varies among insurance plans. Some dental insurance policies may partially cover the cost of dental bonding, particularly if it’s deemed medically necessary. However, cosmetic procedures like dental bonding are often less likely to be fully covered compared to essential dental treatments. It’s advisable to check with your insurance provider to understand the extent of coverage available under your specific plan.
Call Dentistry of Highland Village - Explore Cosmetic Dental Bonding!
Get in touch with Dentistry of Highland Village by dialing (713) 360-7700 to schedule your consultation. Discover the magic of cosmetic dental bonding from our seasoned cosmetic dentists. We’re here to help patients from Houston and surrounding areas such as Pasadena, Sugar Land, and Pearland, TX make their dream smiles a reality.
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
The Proof is in Our Patients
Specials & Offers
Ask About Our Specials
Exam, x-rays, and regular cleaning
Emergency exam and x-ray
|Monday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM – 3:00 PM|