#1 Dentist for Veneers in Houston
Transform Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Are you self-conscious about your smile due to chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth? At Dentistry of Highland Village, we offer porcelain veneers as a cosmetic dental solution to transform your smile. Our experienced Houston, TX cosmetic dentists, Dr. Rushi Dave, Dr. Mili Shah, and Dr. Amy Milman, provide custom-made porcelain veneers crafted from top-quality glass-ceramic for beautiful, long-lasting results. Keep reading to learn more.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-made shells made from tooth-colored materials such as porcelain. They cover the front side of your teeth, providing a natural-looking restoration that can improve the appearance of your smile. Veneers are a cosmetic dental solution that can address a variety of dental imperfections, including chipped, stained, or misshapen teeth.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
There are several advantages to porcelain dental veneers, like:
- Natural Appearance: Veneers mimic the natural color and luster of your teeth, providing a natural-looking restoration.
- Durability: Veneers are strong and durable, providing long-lasting results.
- Versatility: Veneers restore teeth affected by chips, cracks, stains, or other dental imperfections.
- Non-Invasive: Veneers require minimal removal of tooth enamel, preserving the natural tooth structure.
- Cosmetic Enhancement: Veneers can be shade-matched to blend in with the color of the surrounding tooth structure, providing a cosmetic enhancement to your smile.
Who Qualifies for Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are a versatile cosmetic dental solution. Here are some factors that may determine whether you qualify for porcelain veneers:
- Healthy Teeth and Gums: Candidates for porcelain veneers should have healthy teeth and gums, free from decay, gum disease, or other dental issues.
- Sufficient Tooth Enamel: Candidates for veneers should have sufficient tooth enamel to support the material. Dental veneers require a small amount of tooth enamel to be removed before placement.
- Dental Imperfections: Candidates should have dental imperfections that can be addressed with veneers, such as chips, cracks, stains, or misshapen teeth.
- Commitment to Oral Hygiene: Candidates should be committed to maintaining good oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing and flossing, to ensure the longevity of the veneers.
The Porcelain Veneer Procedure
Before deciding whether porcelain veneers are right for you, your Houston cosmetic dentist will conduct a comprehensive examination of your teeth and gums to ensure proper health, as well as talk with you about your oral hygiene and lifestyle habits to determine if you will benefit from veneers. This will help you and your dentist agree on the veneer product or technique that’s best for you.
To prepare your teeth for veneers, your Houston dentist will remove a small amount of tooth enamel from the front surface of the affected teeth. This helps ensure a proper fit and to create space for the veneer material.
After the teeth are prepared, your cosmetic dentist will take an impression of your teeth to create a custom mold for the veneers. This mold will be sent to a dental laboratory where your dental veneers will be crafted.
Dental Veneer Placement
Once the customized dental veneers are ready, your Houston dentist will carefully place them onto the front surface of your teeth using a special dental adhesive. The porcelain veneers will be adjusted and polished to ensure a natural-looking and comfortable fit.
Porcelain Veneer Aftercare
To ensure you get the most out of your veneers, it’s vital that you take care of them. Our Houston cosmetic dentists provide the following tips to ensure your veneers stay beautiful for years to come:
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Brush and floss regularly to keep your veneered teeth clean and free from plaque buildup.
- Avoid Staining Agents: Minimize consumption of foods and drinks that can stain teeth, such as coffee, tea, and red wine. If you do consume these substances, rinse your mouth with water afterward to minimize staining.
- Protect Your Veneered Teeth: Avoid biting on hard objects or using your teeth as tools to prevent damage to the veneer material.
- Regular Dental Check-ups: Schedule regular dental appointments with Dentistry of Highland Village to monitor the condition of your veneered teeth and ensure their longevity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Porcelain veneers can last between 10 to 15 years or more, depending on factors such as oral hygiene practices and lifestyle habits. Be sure to stick to a proper oral hygiene routine at home and visit your dentist regularly for checkups.
Porcelain veneers are safe and have been used in dentistry for many years. As long as they are applied and removed by a trained dental professional who understands your dental health, porcelain veneers are safe.
Yes, porcelain veneers can be removed if necessary, but the process may require replacement with a new veneer or alternative dental restoration. It’s best to never try to remove porcelain veneers on your own as this can damage both the veneer and your teeth.
The cost of porcelain veneers varies depending on the number of veneers needed and the extent of the treatment. Contact your cosmetic dentist for more information on pricing and financing options.
Call Today: Upgrade Your Smile With Porcelain Veneers
At Dentistry of Highland Village, we’re dedicated to helping you achieve a beautiful and healthy smile and we believe porcelain veneers can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. Contact us at (281) 316-8900 to schedule an appointment and discover how porcelain veneers can enhance your smile.
We proudly serve Houston, TX, and the surrounding areas, including Highland Village, River Oaks, and Bellaire. Take the first step towards a more confident smile today!
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
The Proof is in Our Patients
Specials & Offers
Ask About Our Specials
|Monday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM – 3:00 PM|