Dental Implants in Houston Texas!
Replace Your Teeth with Natural-Looking, Strong, FDA-Approved Dental Implants
Finally – Affordable Dental Implants in Houston, TX!
Lasting, Simple Dental Implant Solutions
Missing teeth don’t just affect the appearance of your smile, but they can also cause difficulties when eating and speaking. Untreated tooth loss can even contribute to worsening oral health, causing problems like gum disease. If you’re tired of hiding your smile or struggling with everyday activities, dental implants may be the solution for you. At Dentistry of Highland Village, our Houston, TX, implant dentists can help you achieve a complete and healthy smile with this long-term tooth replacement option.
What are Dental Implants?
Different Types of Dental Implant Solutions
Different types of dental implant solutions can be used depending on the patient’s needs and jaw structure. Here are some of the most common types of dental implants:
- Endosteal Implants: These are the most common type of dental implant and are placed directly into the jawbone. Endosteal implants are suitable for most patients who have enough bone density to support the implant.
- Subperiosteal Implants: Subperiosteal implants are placed on top of the jawbone but below the gum line. They’re used for patients who don’t have enough healthy jawbone density to support an endosteal implant.
- Zygomatic Implants: Zygomatic implants are used for patients who don’t have enough bone density in their upper jaw to support traditional implants. These implants are anchored to the cheekbone instead of the jawbone.
Our Houston implant dentists can evaluate your individual needs and recommend the best dental implant for you.
Benefits of Dental Implant Solutions
There are several benefits of dental implants over other tooth replacement options, including the following:
One of the most significant advantages of dental implants is their ability to enhance your smile’s appearance. They’re designed to look and feel like natural teeth, so they blend in seamlessly with your existing teeth. This means that you don’t have to worry about an artificial-looking appearance and can enjoy a beautiful, natural-looking smile.
Missing teeth can significantly affect your speech, causing you to slur or mumble words. Dental implants can restore proper speech and pronunciation by filling in the gaps caused by missing teeth. With dental implants, you can speak clearly and confidently, without worrying about mispronouncing words or slurring your speech.
Dental implants are incredibly comfortable and feel just like your natural teeth. Unlike dentures, they don’t slip or move around in your mouth, so you can eat and speak without discomfort. This can make a significant difference in your quality of life, as you won’t have to deal with the discomfort and inconvenience of wearing dentures.
Improved Oral Health
Dental implants are a healthy and effective way to replace missing teeth. Unlike bridges, which require grinding down healthy teeth, dental implants do not damage your healthy teeth. Additionally, dental implants stimulate bone growth, which helps prevent bone loss (resorption) in the jaw. This is crucial because bone loss can cause significant oral health problems, including changes in facial structure and bite problems.
One of the most significant benefits of dental implants is their durability. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a cost-effective solution for missing teeth. This means you won’t have to worry about replacing your dental implants and can enjoy a beautiful and healthy smile for years to come.
Qualifying for Dental Implant Solutions
Dental implants can be a great solution for people with missing teeth, but not everyone is a good candidate. Here are some factors our implant dentist will consider when determining if dental implants are right for you:
- Oral Health: You must have healthy gums and a strong jawbone to support the implant. If you have gum disease or a history of periodontitis, it may need treatment before the implant procedure.
- Bone Density: Your jawbone must be strong enough to support the implant. If you have lost bone density in your jaw, a bone graft procedure may be needed to build up the area before the implant can be placed. You may also need a different type of implant than endosteal.
- Overall Health: Certain health conditions, such as diabetes, may affect the success of the implant procedure. Our implant dentist will evaluate your overall health and medical history to determine if dental implants are a safe and viable option.
- Habits: Certain habits, such as smoking, can increase the risk of implant failure. Our implant dentist may recommend that you quit smoking before and after the implant procedure to increase the chances of success.
During your consultation with our implant dentist in Houston, TX, they’ll evaluate your oral health and discuss your options for tooth replacement. If dental implants aren’t right for you, he may recommend alternative solutions such as dentures or bridges.
The Dental Implant Process
The implant process involves multiple appointments over a matter of months. Here’s what you can typically expect:
The first step in the dental implant procedure is a consultation with our implant dentist. During this appointment, we’ll evaluate your oral health and determine if dental implants are a suitable option for you. We’ll also discuss the procedure and potential risks and answer any questions you have.
If you’re a good candidate for dental implants, the next step is to design a treatment plan specific to your needs. We will take digital X-rays and impressions of your teeth to create a 3D model of your mouth. This model will help us plan the placement of the implant post and design a custom-made crown that matches the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth.
Once we have a treatment plan in place, the first step of the installation process is to surgically place the implant post into your jawbone. This post will serve as the artificial tooth root and will need to fuse with the jawbone over several months through a process called osseointegration. During this time, we’ll monitor your progress and ensure the implant is integrating properly.
After the post has fused with the jawbone, the next step is to attach an abutment to the post. Once the abutment is in place, the replacement tooth can be attached to the abutment. It’s important to note that the process can vary based on several factors, but your implant dentist will give you a complete run-down during your consultation.
After the implant is installed, it’s important to take proper care to ensure its long-term success. Here are some tips for aftercare:
- Practice Good Oral Hygiene: It’s essential to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing daily. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive toothpaste to clean your teeth and the implant crown.
- Avoid Certain Foods: To prevent damage to the implant, avoid chewing on hard or sticky foods such as ice, hard candies, popcorn, and gum.
- Visit the Implant Dentist Regularly: Schedule regular checkups and cleanings with our implant dentist in Houston, TX, to ensure the implant’s health and stability. During these appointments, we’ll check the implant and surrounding teeth for any signs of issues.
- Notify your Implant Dentist of Any Problems: If you experience any pain, discomfort, or issues with your implant, notify your implant dentist immediately by dialing (713) 360-7700. Early detection and treatment of any problems can prevent further damage and ensure the success of the implant.
Frequently Asked Questions
While dental implants have a high success rate, there is a small chance that they can fail. Factors that contribute to implant failure include poor oral hygiene, inadequate bone density or quality, and certain medical conditions such as uncontrolled diabetes or autoimmune diseases.
However, most implant failures can be avoided with proper care and maintenance, including good oral hygiene habits and regular visits to your implant dentist. In some cases, if an implant does fail, it may need to be removed and replaced. Your implant dentist can discuss the risks and potential complications with you before the procedure.
The dental implant process involves several steps and can take several months to complete. The length of the process can depend on various factors such as the number of implants needed, the need for bone grafting or other preparatory procedures, and the individual healing time. Our implant dentist will provide you with a personalized treatment plan that outlines the expected timeline for your specific case.
The cost of dental implants varies depending on the number of implants needed, the type of replacement tooth, and other factors. You should also contact your insurance provider to learn if they can cover any of the costs. Your implant dentists will give you a more accurate breakdown of your costs and help you understand your payment options at your consultation.
Yes, you can eat normally with dental implants. In fact, one of the benefits of dental implants is that they function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without any discomfort or restrictions.
It’s important to note that you may need to adjust your diet for a short period after the implant is placed to allow for proper healing. Your implant dentist can provide specific instructions on how to care for your implant during the healing process and when you can resume normal eating habits.
Call Our Houston Office for Lasting Dental Implant Solutions
Dental implant solutions can give you a natural-looking and high-functioning smile that can last a lifetime. If you’re interested in dental implants or have questions about the dental implant process, contact our Houston, TX dental office by dialing (713) 360-7700 and schedule a consultation with one of our implant dentists.
Don’t let missing teeth hold you back from living your life to the fullest. Contact Dentistry of Highland Village today to learn more about the benefits of dental implants and smile your best. We serve new and returning patients from Houston and surrounding areas such as Pasadena, Sugar Land, and Pearland, TX.
Dental Implants Near Me – Affordable Dental Implants in Houston, TX – Dental Implants Near 77027
MOST INSURANCES WELCOME AND MAXIMIZED!
NEW PATIENT SPECIALS & FINANCING OPTIONS AVAILABLE.
Contact us and schedule your visit today.
The Proof is in Our Patients
Specials & Offers
Ask About Our Specials
Exam, x-rays, and regular cleaning
Emergency exam and x-ray
|Monday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||9:00 AM – 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday||7:00 AM – 3:00 PM|